Saturday, July 30, 2005

Blitzing!

No, I'm not talking about FFX, I''m talking about Scarlett's LJ community - the Blitz. I joined last week, and it's started helping me already.
Basically, there's a load of us signed up to it, and Scarlett sets exercises, which we then do. Then every - er - so often, I suspect it's regular, but I don't know the interval, there is a blitz - the next of which starts on the 1st of August.
The August Blitz will involve the creation of 16-20 short pieces about 1 character. None of them may involve the character directly, but all must be related to that character. So things like; newspaper articles, love letters, etc.
This looks a) great fun and, b)really useful as I have several characters to choose from that need developing.
Hopefully, the pressure of having others expecting me to produce something will help force me to do so. It's worked so far, for the one exercise I've done already. It turned out pretty good too, got some good feedback, which is always nice to hear.
So, I'm a bit more positive about my writing at the moment, and generally in a pretty good mood :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home