Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Failing Nano

Okay, slack and without an update for a while again, I'm just not one of nature's diarists I'm afraid.
Anyway, as the title suggests I don't think I'm going to complete Nano this year. I have a little under 20,000 words, and only 8 days left. That means 30,000 more to do in those 8 days. And, bearing in mind that it's taken me 22 days to hit the 20k mark, I really don't think it's going to happen.
But that's ok. I just have to concentrate on what I *have* achieved. Last month, the longest thing I had written was probably about 2,000 words or so. I've now beaten that figure about ten times over. Last month, I was struggling with an unwieldy plot, that I just couldn't pin down. Now I have managed to tame it by the simple method of actually knuckling down and writing it.
Now I just have to make sure I stick at it. I've got to keep myself going. Nano is nearly over, but I can't let myself slip back into my non-writing ways. I may slow down a bit, but so long as I am writing at least a bit every day, I'll be happy.
And, of course, there's always next year :)

1 Comments:

At 23 November, 2005 04:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Keep it up. It's doable. (^_^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home